Cyber security remains an important topic for all online organisations and users.
At Senior Trust, we are proactive in following guidance provided by cyber security authorities and governing bodies. We take the Security of our investor`s information very seriously and have implemented a number of safeguards to protect it.
- Encryption of Sensitive Data
- Regular security audits
- Strict date access controls
- In addition, we regularly update our systems and processes to ensure that we stay ahead of any potential threats.
For your part as a user, key things to remember are:
- Do not click on links sent via a text message from untrusted source. Senior Trust will not send you text messages asking for your personal details, or ask you to use a website link.
- Don’t participate in social media posts where you are asked questions that could then be used to unlock your bank or online details.
- Turn on a second layer of protection – for example, have a text sent to your phone with a passcode that’s required as a second form of ID to get into your online accounts.
- Don’t reply to investment opportunities that arrive via Whatsapp or other message platforms.
- Triple-check every company before investing in them
- In general, the key is to always be vigilant. Take your time when you see investment opportunities online, verify exactly who you’re talking to, don’t give away your personal information and keep yourself secure online. When it comes to communications from Senior Trust, we only have two official domains (seniortrust.co.nz and seniortrustcapital.co.nz).
If you suspect you have received communication from someone impersonating Senior Trust please let us know by calling 0800 609 600 or emailing [email protected]
For further advice, go to https://www.cert.govt.nz/.